Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fabric shopping


I took Friday off of work on a mission to find some fabric for some projects I'd like to get working on - now that I have my own sewing machine :) First we went to Treadle Yard Goods in St. Paul - Grand Ave & Hamline. They had some really great Amy Butler fabrics - just the style I was looking for. This is where I found the blue/grey combo which will be for a bag/tote. Then we headed to Quilter's Courtyard in the Highland Park neighborhood. I found the green/blue/yellow combo which I will be turning into an apron. We had lunch at Midtown Global Market. Very interesting! Lastly, we stopped at Glad Creations in Minneapolis. This is where I picked up the pink/coral fabric (which comes across as orange in the picture - it's really more pink/coralish). Not sure what I'm going to make with it, but it was on clearance and I totally love it. I guess this is the start of my "stash"! It was a fun day spent with my mom!!

No comments: