Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Mason!

I took a vacation day and all 4 of us went to Mall of America, namely Underwater Adventures, for Mason's birthday. Both of the boys were great! Zander and Mana had been to Underwater Adventures about a year ago, right after Mason was born. Neither Mason or I had been, so it was fun. We had lunch at Rainforest Cafe. None of us had been there. The boys enjoyed it - Mason more than Zander. They do 'thunder and lightning' every 30 minutes. Zander didn't care for that. He covered his ears. He asked about every 5 minutes, "Is the thunder and lightning coming soon?" We also stopped at Legoland and the Disney store. Zander wanted to buy everything with Lightning McQueen on it. The tactic of "you should ask for that for your birthday" works every time!

I still cannot believe that Mason is one! When I read him his stories and rocked with him tonight, I starting talking to him about how much I love him and how fast he's growing up. He looked at me and smiled...and I lost it. I got all teary-eyed. We rocked for a long time and I finally put him to bed and came downstairs where Mana and Zander were eating dinner. Mana saw that I was all teary-eyed and told Zander to go give me a hug. Zander came over, climbed on my lap and said, "Mom, are you okay?"

I haven't uploaded photos from Mason's b-day adventure yet, but here's one from last week. One that both boys are looking at the camera...and happy.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Geez. What are you going to be like on, say...the first day of school!?