Friday, April 18, 2008

Where has the time gone?!

When I started this blog in the fall, it was easy to keep up. Now that summer is around the corner, I have not been able to keep it up. AND I've been without a computer for a while while Mana upgraded me to his G5. I'm excited about that because now I can actually download pictures without deleting a bunch first. I have a gazillion pictures to download on this computer.

Tonight, I went to my first "card club". When I first told my mom about it, she said, "I was in a card club when you were little, but I don't think it's the same thing! We played 500." She right, I'm definitely not playing cards - just exchanging greeting cards. My friends Erica and Shelley live about a mile north of us in a new neighborhood. A bunch of their neighbors realized that they had an interest in making greeting cards. There are 15 women, including me... who was just just accepted as a new member. Everyone brings 15 of the same card and leaves with 15 different cards. Tonight, Shelley hosted this month's event. I only knew Shelly and Erica, but I LOVE meeting people, so it was fun chatting with everyone. There were many gals who are at the same point in their life - married with a few (or more) kids. Lots of kid talk which is always fun. The club started in January. In some of the previous months, there have been themes - birthday, thank you, etc. No theme tonight. I made paint swatch cards with a thank you greeting :) I guess in previous meetings, they have also demonstrated a technique or two. Tonight, there was no demo since Erica presented her "Premiere Designs" jewelry. Good stuff!

No comments: