Monday, January 14, 2008

about me, from 2007...

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Started a blog in October 2007. I’m obsessed now!

2. What are your New Years Resolutions?
Don’t have any. I haven’t made any for many years.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007?
Yes, ME!

4. Did anyone close to you die.
Yes, my great-grandma at 100. She lived a great life up until just about a year ago.

5. What countries did you visit?
None

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More sleep!

7. What date(s) in 2007 will remain etched in your memory and why?
March 4, 2007 – birth of Mason! I still can’t believe that I have 2 kids!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving Mason only breastmilk, no formula! My goal is to make it to 1 year with only breastmilk. I have less than 2 months to go. I think I’ll make it.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not having Zander potty trained. I really wanted to have him trained by 3.5, but it didn’t happen. He still doesn’t understand the physical part of it. I’m embarrassed and disappointed at the same time.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Just sleep deprivation from staying up until 11 or 12 every night trying to get stuff done – and then waking up at 5:30. (Starting a blog may have also led to this sleep deprivation!)

11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Marissa and Jason bought me light blue fur-lined crocs! Love ‘em!

12. Where did most of your money go?
Diapers!

13. What did you get really, really excited about?
Taking a class from Jennifer McGuire (scrapbooking celebrity) at ScrapFest 2007. After class, mom and I chit-chatted with her and I had my pic taken with her.














14. What song(s) reminds you of 2007?
Feist 1234



15. Compared to last year are you...
a.) Happier or Sadder? Happier
b.) Thinner or Fatter? Depends when you ask… for the first 2+ months on 2007 (being preggo), I was fatter. And then…. I was still probably fatter than 2006. Ha!
c.) Richer or Poorer? Hard to say. With one more kid to feed, diaper, etc, probably more… although Mana is doing better with his business, so maybe we’re the same.

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Done more "family things" with our new little family of 4. It would've been fun to take a vacation (other than Duluth with Mana's family). Hopefully this year!

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Watching TV. I hardly watch any as it is, but there's so much to do and TV just gets in the way. I've made a vow to not start watching any new shows. I've kept it up for about 2 years, so hopefully I can keep that up.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
Running around to various places, like we usually do for every holiday!

19. Did you fall in love in 2007.
Yes, with my new little guy, Mason.

20. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office (Scrubs is a close second)

21. What was the best book you read?
Baby 411 (pretty much the only book, if you don’t count scrapbooking idea books. Oh, I guess I did read a few job interviewing and networking books.)

22. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Milestone b-day – 30! Mana threw a party for me.

23. What was your best musical discovery?
BHD – Mana’s band. When they first started playing, they were laughable. Now, they are actually really good. I’ve been pressuring them to do a “gig”. Hopefully soon!

24. What was your favorite film of the year?
Sadly, I haven’t seen any movies in the theater this year. If I did see any movies on DVD, I can’t remember any. Sad, I know.

25. What did you want and get?
A beautiful, happy and smart little baby.

26. What did you want and not get?
Shelving in the garage (made by Mana). A promise he made when we first moved in that is still not done. I would really like to be able to park both cars in the garage.


32. How would you describe your fashion concept for 2007?
Ha! Jeans and long sleeve t-shirts for me! I don’t really call that fashionable. I did buy me some brown Skechers that I just LOVE. They’re kinda trendy, I guess.

27. What kept you sane?
Scrapbooking, dinner/events with my girlfriends

28. Who was the best new person you met?
See #13

29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned.
Spend as much time with my kids as I can. They grow up WAY to fast.

No comments: