Friday, September 5, 2008

Birthday fun!

So, as of yesterday, I could say that I'm really into my thirties. Last year was a milestone. This year was just another birthday, I guess. However, there were two things that made this birthday fun...

{ sewing machine }

I finally bought myself a sewing machine. After about 7-8 years of doing all my quilting and sewing at my parent's house, I finally decided that I needed my own machine. I've heard great things about Janome brand. Easy to use, reasonably priced. So, my mom helped me wheel and deal on my very own machine.



{ garage shelves }

After I bought my sewing machine a few days before my actual b-day, Mana asked me what kid of "accessories" I wanted for my machine so he and the boys could get me a b-day present. I told him to forget the machine accessories. What I really wanted was for him to start and finish the garage shelving project that we've been talking about since we moved in almost 2 years ago. I came home on Wednesday to a few posts and partial shelves. And then Thursday, I came home to this....




I LOVE it. I know this sounds crazy, but I do. You see... I have ulterior motives. I currently don't have room in my office to set up my new sewing machine. So, I need to move stuff to the basement... which is also quite full. So, these garage shelves are for the basement items so I can move the junk in my office into the basement.

No comments: