Wednesday, September 17, 2008

ScrapFest 2008

Mom and I went to ScrapFest at the Mall of America on Saturday. In previous years, we've gone on Fridays and it's been a lot less busy. Note to self for next year. Anyhow, it was still fun. They had a lot of cute make and takes offered by 27 vendors. Many of them had LONG lines - so we had to be selective about which ones we did. Mom and I both took a class from SEI (1 hour baby boy book). The products were cute, but it wasn't really a class. They just gave us the supplies and we put it together in the hour of class. We've taken other SEI classes and learned new techniques or tips/tricks. Not this time. Kind of a bummer. The highlight of the day was a class I took from Hero Arts. When mom and I signed up, I signed up about 30 minutes after her (my fault) and did not make it into the Hero Arts class that we decided on. Mom didn't really want to take it by herself - she's not as "into" all this as me. So, she gave her seat to me. What a mom! The class was taught by the talented Jennifer McGuire and Shari Carroll - both artists for Hero Arts. I've been following Jennifer for quite some time - took a class from her at ScrapFest last year (also awesome), follow her blog and the Hero Arts blog. She has such fabulous ideas. She and Shari did a great job - adding tips along the way. I learned a lot.

No comments: