Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cuttlebug - curse? & Uppercase Living

So, the other night I bought a Cuttlebug die-cutting system. I was waiting for a long time to get a 50% off coupon at Michael's or Joann's before I bought one. The 40% coupon was just not enough of a discount, apparently! So, I bought it, assembled it (which was not difficult) and did some test cuts right away. When I took the "machine" out of the box, the pad at the bottom came off. At first I wasn't sure if this was supposed to do this or not, but I guess this pad is what creates the suction to hold it to the table. I suppose that doesn't matter too much. Or I could take it back and argue with the sales person. Not sure yet what I'm going to do. It cuts great and I got a couple of cool embossing plates. Plus, I can use my Quickutz dies with the new machine.

Last night I went to an Uppercase Living party hosted by my auntie Karen. It's a home party, like Tastefully Simple (which I also love and plan on hosting in November), but I digress. Anyhow, Uppercase Living sells these sticker-like things you adhere to your wall. Most are words/quotes, but there are also some other images. For example, I ordered a custom one for my scrapbook room. It will say... imagine * design * create A daisy will be in between each word. I'm super excited. I'll post a photo once I receive it and apply it. I also ordered one for Mason's room that says... sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite... and there are a bunch of little bugs around the saying. Very cute!!

Tomorrow, I'm packing my office at work. Monday (10/15) is my first day at the new Mounds View campus. My co-workers and I visited it last week and I'm really looking forward to the "newness" of the building. I'm just a little worried about finding my way around. It's so big!

No comments: