Sunday, October 7, 2007

First post

Ok, I've been reading blogs for long time (mostly scrapbookers), so I thought I'd start one of my own. I really don't care who (if anyone) reads it. I figure it will be a good way to capture all the stuff I will add to my scrapbooks, if nothing else. So here goes...

Today, I took Zander to get a haircut with Kim. He absolutely adores Kim - gets just giddy when he knows we're going to see her to get a haircut. I also got my hair cut. Not just a trim, but a major chop. I got 10 inches cut off and am donating it to locks of love. My 'do is really short now, but I know it's for a good cause. When Zander first saw me, he said, "Woooaaaa mom!" Mana thought for sure that I'd have a "butch haircut", but he told me he liked it right away... not that I had to approve it by him. It's just good to know that the general public won't stare at me oddly. Here are the before pictures that Mana made us do.















As for my other boy, Mason, he was 7 months old a few days ago and we finally got around to taking his monthly photo. This monthly photo was inspired by my friend Kerri (with a slight twist from my fav scrapbook celebrity, Becky Higgins). With all 3 of Kerri's kids, she took a photo of them once a week and has 52 photos of her kids for comparison sake. I knew once per week was not realistic for our house, so we went for once per month. The Becky Higgins twist is that we take Mason's photo with the same stuffed animal each month. This way, we can see his growth compared to the animal. In his one month photo, he's about the same size as the animal. It will be fun to look back. Here are the photos we've taken - from 1 month to 7 months!

































One last tidbit about today. It's October 7th and we had our air on today! It got so humid and steamy that Mason took a nap in his diaper. Zander woke up from his nap drenched in sweat. And to think that less than a week ago, I wore a sweater. Crazy Minnesota!

No comments: